Founded in 1964, the Malta Institute of Management (MIM) is a non-political, non-negotiating and non-profit making professional body for persons in Malta concerned with and involved in management.
To enhance the profession of management in Malta within a broad international framework focusing on the competence and effectiveness of managers.
Malta Institute of Management’s main objectives are:
- To ensure that the Malta Institute of Management represents a wide cross-section of Malta’s Management community.
- To create the necessary structures to deliver services/activities to members.
- To develop and improve the services/activities catering for the needs of the different market segments.
- To enhance the quality image of the Institute.
- To take a pro-active stance on general issues of direct relevance to local management.
- To contribute to develop a more international perspective to the Institute’s affairs, providing tangible benefits to members in this area.
Right from its inception, the Institute was looked upon as the professional body in Malta representing managers’ views on issues that matter to them. Its various classes of membership allow for a wide representation of the local management profession and companies actively pursuing higher standards in management practice.
MIM members have efficient and cost effective access to a number of services in the following areas:
- Focused and Effective Management Training and Development.
- Up to Date, Relevant and Topical Management Information.
- Opportunities for Sharing Ideas and Concerns and for Networking.
- Professional Management Advice and Support.
MIM is an active member in the European Management Association (EMA) which currently includes 20 European Management Institutes as members, and an academic member of the Conference Board Europe. MIM also represents the management profession in Malta in a number of constituted bodies and fora in Malta.
The Institute has long been a pioneer in the management development field in Malta. It runs a wide range of management education and training programmes at different academic levels and of varying duration. Indeed MIM’s training arm is today recognised as the leading business and management school in Malta.
The combination of unrivalled experience in management tuition and practice, the groundbreaking development tools, together with its ever increasing portfolio of benefits mean MIM provides a real competitive advantage to its members by ensuring that participation in the Institute’s activities maximises its members’ business opportunities.